Saturday, January 8, 2011

Avocado, Orange, and Aqua Card - Squares and Circles

It was a lovely surprise to receive a packet of patterned card stock - many different patterns and colors - from Operation Write Home. One of my cards was randomly chosen from a recent challenge on the OWH Stars and Stamps blog.

Since I love working with solid colors and drawing my stripes and plaids as needed, I've never purchased "designer paper." So it will be fun to play with this assortment. All of it is precut to A2 size (4.25" x 5.5"), which makes it easy for me to work with.

I picked an interesting pattern and some coordinating solid colors. My layout was inspired by this week's Fall-To-Layout 122 on Clean and Simple Stamping. I'm happy with the result - bright and cheerful. I was able to make four cards like this with two pieces of the patterned card stock.

The solid-colored card stock is Papertrey Ink ripe avocado (card base), orange zest, and aqua mist. I don't know the name of the patterned paper. The circle punches (EK Success) are 1-1/2" and 2" scalloped. My sentiment "Thinking of you" is computer-printed with Papyrus font in avocado ink.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (049 a)

1 comment:

Cindy O said...

Heather, thanks for commenting!