Monday, September 5, 2011

Pink Striped Hearts with Dots

I tried several versions of this card with white stitching. Just did not look right. Then I drew some vertical stripes on the heart paper, and no stitching. Now I like it.

Card details:
  • I made the heart-patterned paper with a PowerPoint text box. The heart shape is the alt-g key in Symbols font. The heart pattern is easy to do, if you have some patience and some PowerPoint skills. If you'd like to try it, please leave me a comment, and I'll post a tutorial. I drew the stripes with a Copic RV11 marker.
  • The card stock is Paper Source blossom (medium pink layer) and rhubarb (dark raspberry layer) on a PaperTrey Ink stamper's select white card base. I printed the hearts onto Neenah solar white.
  • The lacy-edged ribbon is colored with RV32 and RV02, an edge of RV34, then some "0" colorless blender down the center. Sounds complicated, but it's very quick and gives a nice multi-toned effect - more visible in real life.
  • I used my Corner Chomper (1/4") to round the corners on the raspberry layer and the white card base.
  • The sentiment "Miss you" is computer-printed with pink ink in "Lucida Handwriting" font.
  • The pink layer is edged with RV34. The horizontal stripes are drawn with RV11, and the dots are RV34.
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (096)

No comments: