Sunday, September 25, 2011

Turquoise Daisy Card with Color-Bleed Background

A new Copic technique for me on this card - Julia Stainton's color-bleed grid technique, posted on Ellen Hutson's educational CLASSroom blog. Very easy. A beautiful background for my often-used daisy drawing.

For my background, I used B01, B32, and BG32 markers on Neenah solar white card stock. Julia chose darker colors that look great with her black silhouette flower stamping. But for my line drawing, I needed a lighter background to get enough contrast with the flower coloring. The drips of colorless blender will "push" the light colors into darker rings.

Also, I realized I could avoid using pencil (and so, avoid the step to erase it) by drawing my 3/4" diagonal grid lines with one of my colors on the back of the Neenah. Just dark enough to see my grid from the front, and when finished, it disappears into the rest of the colors.

More card details:
  • See above for the Copic background colors. For the daisies, I used Copic markers B24, B26, BG32, BG45, BG49, B01, B06, YG05, YG63, G07, Y19, Y38, RV66.
  • The colored card stock is PaperTrey Ink (PTI) summer sunrise (bright yellow layer), PTI Hawaiian shores (medium turquoise card base), and Paper Source peacock (dark turquoise).
  • The ribbon is two rows of 5/8" sheer-and-satin, colored with BG49, then lightened in the middle with B01.
  • For more cards done with my daisy drawing, click on the label below, or in the label list on the right of my blog.
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (099)

No comments: