Thursday, November 25, 2010

Two Valentines with Pink Plaid Paper

Two different Valentine designs with mostly the same ingredients. A circular "love you" sentiment layered on a strip of homemade pink plaid paper (drawn with Copic markers) on a wider strip of red or pink. I like the simplicity of both cards, and I'm very happy with the heart-shaped "o's" in my computer-printed "love you."

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." Card details are at the end of the post. (039)


Card details - Both cards: Sentiment was computer-printed with Helvetica font (small caps, outlined). The "o's" are PowerPoint heart shapes nested together. Pink plaid paper was drawn with Copic multiliners (black, red, and pink) and Copic markers RV02, RV10, RV29, RV32, RV34, and R32, and "0" colorless blender on a scrap of terry cloth to soften the lines. Colored card stock is PaperTrey Ink hibiscus burst (pink) and pure poppy (red.) Card base is white, size A2.
Top card: Plaid strip was edged with RV29. Sentiment letters were colored with RV29 and RV34. Sentiment background was airbrushed with RV34. Ribbon is 1/8" silk, colored with RV34. Punches are 1-1/2" and scalloped 2" circles.
Bottom card: Plaid strip was edged with RV34. Sentiment background was colored with RV29, and the hearts inside the "o's" with RV34. Punches are 1-3/4" circle and large EK Success heart.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I love clean and simple cards and these sure fit that theme in a great way.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your cards! I was wondering if you made your own plaid paper, nice! I want to try that too ;)

Thanks for joining in our Valentine challenge at Operation Write Home!

Cindy O said...

Thanks Marianne and Jan for your kind words! I enjoy drawing my own plaid paper. It's easy to do, and even easier with a simple grid pattern that I made. I print the grid on my card stock in light gray, and it "disappears" into the plaid. If anyone is interested, please let me know (leave a comment here), and I'll be happy to post my pattern and some how-to notes.