Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chevron Print with Green, Yellow, and Rust

A bit of abstract art on my card today.  My chevron pattern is an "original" hand-pressed print.  I love the clean, modern colors, and I'm very happy with my layout, which I'll use again sometime to showcase an interesting paper.

My print came from a "what have I got to lose" experiment.  After much Copic airbrushing with a 6x6" plastic Crafter's Workshop chevron template (stencil), it was time for a cleaning.  (I don't clean it every time, just when the ink starts building up heavily.)  I knew it would clean up nicely with alcohol, but I wondered if I could put all that ink to a good use.

So with my template lying flat on some scrap paper on my table, I spritzed the template with Copic "0" blender solution.  Then I pressed down on it firmly with a piece of white card stock.  The result was beautiful. What a nice reward for cleaning the template! and a lot less messy, too ... 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink simply chartreuse (green), summer sunrise (yellow), terra cotta tile (rust), rustic white (patterned paper), and stamper's select white (sentiment). 
  • Copic colors are ... quite a mix!  I know there's some Y19, Y38, YG97, B05, R35, and more.  I could never recreate this exact pattern.  It's just the happenstance of colors that ended up on my template.  
  • Dies are Papertrey Ink double ended banner (smaller die) for sentiment, and pinking shears border die.
  • Sentiment "Thinking of You" is computer-printed in green ink with darker green outline, using "BlairMdITC TT-Medium" font.  
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (169)

No comments: