Thursday, November 10, 2016

Flowers on Yellow and Aqua


This week, the Papertrey Ink "Make it Monday" challenge is assembly-line card making.  I usually make three to six cards from each of my designs.  So I enjoyed seeing Laurie Willison's tips, including: Make a sample card, do all the die cuts and stamping in advance, prepare all the layers and embellishments, finish one step at a time for all the cards, then move on to the next step, and choose the right adhesive to attach each element.

That's basically how I make my multiples, including today's set of flowery note cards.  Two of my tips to add to Laurie's: Plan a forgiving layout (or one that's easy to line up), and write some notes for placement and assembly sequence.  My first tip is illustrated in this card from last week, where the "hello" and starry strip were easy to line up on the striped paper, and the circle's position on the card base didn't need to be precise.  I used the second tip in today's card, where I wrote myself a note to adhere my dotted panel 1/8" down from the top fold and to center it over the stamped sentiment.  It's easier for me to follow a cheat sheet and not rely on memory, especially when I don't finish all my cards in one sitting. 

Card details:
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(657)

7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE your colors Cindy...such a bright and cheery card, and very, very pretty!! :0)

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card...love your wonderful flowers!

Nancy Penir said...

Fun card with happy colors and elements. So pretty!

Kathy Mc said...

Love the yellow and aqua on this sweet card, Cindy!

Diana K said...

Beautiful card, Cindy! I love that you make yourself a cheat sheet for all the details. That's something I should think about doing - my mind is really becoming a sieve. :)

victoria h said...

great design- love the cheerful colours

Vikki H said...

what a sweet note card! Enjoyed your cheat sheet suggestions!