Sunday, June 20, 2010

Twelve Cards for Operation Write Home


Edited November 2010: Originally, half of these designs had handwritten sentiments. Since September, when Operation Write Home requested "no more handwritten sentiments," I recreated them with computer-printed sentiments, replacing the ones that were posted here. The new versions are all very similar to the handwritten originals, except for the blue cards above. The Love You" on the left is handwritten. The "Love You" on the newer card on the right is computer-printed with "Curlz MT" font in a dark blue outline, then hand-colored with Copic markers B05, B24, and B01.

Now, back to the original post from June:
Last weekend I decided to create some greeting cards for Operation Write Home. "Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." I've made 12 cards in total - all different, except for the yellow Psalm 23 card, where my watercolor background was enough for 2 cards.

It was fun to try so many combinations - ribbons, colors, styles, buttons, drawings, vellum, backgrounds, lettering, and more. A great way to increase my repertoire of card techniques! And all for a good cause. I hope my cards will bring a smile to the senders and the recipients.

Except for the colored card stock (Papertrey Ink), the colors were done with my Copic markers, including the various colored ribbons and buttons. (001)



No comments: