Saturday, August 7, 2010

Diagonal Stripe Cards with Daisy Circles

Two cards with diagonal stripes and my daisy drawing in circles. Soft yellow and orange with touches of gold and green. For the second card, see the bottom of this post.

The card stock is Papertrey Ink lemon tart (yellow) and summer sunrise (orange). The sentiment "Thinking of you" is computer-printed with "Lucida Handwriting" font, using ink in deeper shades of the card stock. I used Copic markers for the flowers, their backgrounds, and the diagonal and circular edges.

To create the diagonal stripe, I laid a 6" ruler (1" wide) diagonally across the A2 piece of card stock, then marked each end on both sides of the ruler. I cut the diagonal strips with my paper cutter, taking care to keep the cuts parallel and to line up both colors the same, and pieced it all back together with Scor Tape.

My daisy drawing was scanned and printed on Neenah. Click here for all my cards with the full or partial daisy drawing.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them. (016a)

No comments: