Saturday, September 4, 2010

Three Dot Card - Kraft with Peach - and Multicolored Variation

Three large dots with doodled patterns. A few lines and a knotted bit of twill. I like it a lot. My design was inspired by this layout from the Clean & Simple Stamping blog. Though I'm not a stamper, I've learned a lot from those who are!

The card stock is Papertrey Ink berry sorbet (peach) and kraft. The dots were punched with my 1-3/4" circle punch, and I cut one of the dots in two for the ends. The sentiment "Thinking of you" was printed from my computer in "Lucida Handwriting" font. The doodles and lines were done with Copic multiliner and markers (E43 and R24), and I colored the 3/8" twill ribbon with my R32 marker. All adhered with Scor Tape.

For the multicolored variation below, I used Papertrey Ink harvest gold (yellow), simply chartreuse (green), and Hawaiian shores (turquoise) card stock for the dots, layered on a strip of black paper on a white card base. I used a corner rounder punch on the bottom corners of the card. The dark stripes on the dots were drawn using my ovals template (30-degree) and colored with Copic markers B14, G14, and YR15. The stripes below the computer-printed sentiment are BG45, Y21, and YG23

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (026)

No comments: