Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Quilt Pattern Card - Brown with Blue and Red

My first attempt at a quilt pattern card. Nine one-inch squares, with a tenth square cut into triangles. I like it a lot. In real life, the colors look deep and rich. No sentiment seemed necessary.

It was inspired by Sherry Hickey's quilt card, posted on her blog Bits of Cheer. Thank you, Sherry! She included a link to a video tutorial that explains the technique. It was easy to do with a 1" square punch (EK Success) and a 1.5" Xyron sticker maker.

My solid-colored card stock is Papertrey Ink dark chocolate(brown) and Hero Arts punch (light red) and cerulean (blue). The patterned paper is from Operation Write Home, as explained in an earlier post. I colored my 1/2" faux button (punched from Craft-a-Board) with Copic markers B41 and B01. The knot is brown embroidery floss.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (052)

2 comments:

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Cindy! I may be a bit slow in checking the comments on my blog but I was so excited to see yours today re my quilt card. Your card is beautiful!! Are you on Facebook? If so you should post it there; have you ever posted any cards? I scrolled down and you have made some beauties. Keep in touch!

Cindy O said...

Thanks Sherry for your comment! I'm so glad you enjoyed my cards. I'm not on Facebook yet, but I've been thinking about it, just to participate on the Operation Write Home Facebook page. Thanks for encouraging me to do that!