Sunday, October 23, 2011

Raspberry with Pink Hearts - Missing You

Hearts and circles. One of my favorite designs.

Card details:
    • The punches are a 1" circle, a 1/4" circle, a 1" heart, and a 1/4" double slot punch. Tip: punch the slots first, and then the hearts.

    • The sentiment is computer-printed in purple ink with "Lucida Handwriting" font. The card stock is Paper Source rhubarb (raspberry), Papertrey Ink scarlet jewel (deep wine), and Paper Source strawberry (bright pink).

    • My white "ribbon" is a narrow (3/16") strip of Neenah card stock. I tried using real ribbon, but the Neenah's stiffness made it easier to thread through the slots, adjust, and adhere. Tip: bend each heart a bit while threading it onto the "ribbon."

    • I ran the threaded hearts through my 1-1/2" Xyron. Then I was still able to adjust them as I positioned them on the dark wine circles (which I had already attached to the top raspberry layer).
    Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (056c)

No comments: