Sunday, December 25, 2011

Layered Button Card - Orange with Red, Brown and Yellow

Very bright colors! Somehow the buttons wanted to be the main attraction. So I emphasized their brightness with an orange card base. It's not the card I started out to make, but I do like it.

My card stock is PaperTrey Ink (PTI) orange zest (orange), pure poppy (red), dark chocolate (brown), and lemon tart (yellow). The buttons are die cut and layered. The button dies are PTI Buttoned Up #1 (plain) and #2 (scalloped). I used Paper Source linen bookbinder's thread (natural color) to sew them on. The red lines are drawn with a Sanford Uni-Ball gel impact pen.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (116)

No comments: