Sunday, January 8, 2012

Eyelet Stripes on Canyon Clay

A lovely new card stock color for my card base - canyon clay from Papertrey Ink. I attempted a fancier card today, but it wasn't working. So I made this, much simpler, and I like it a lot.

Card details:
  • The card stock is PTI fine linen (beige), dark chocolate (brown), true black, and canyon clay (orangey brown).
  • The stripes are cut with Papertrey Ink (PTI) eyelet lace die. Adhered with Xyron.
  • I saved some of the leftover dots to add back to the lace. Dots of fine linen in the black lace, for instance. Adhered with Zig 2-way glue pen. I'm using my "quarter inch dots" blog label, because the effect is similar, but they're closer to 3/16".
  • The sentiment "Thanks" is computer-printed with black ink in Courier font (bold).
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (122)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this idea. Great use of the eyelet die.

cards by cara said...

Love the addition of the PTI border die cuts!