Sunday, May 27, 2012

Stars, Stripes, and Dots - Hello Card

Some patriotic colors for my card today.  Thank you to Betsy Veldman and Papertrey Ink's "Make It Monday" #67 tutorial for inspiring the layout and the "three patterned papers" idea.   I really enjoyed working with the design, and I love the end result!  

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink rustic cream, classic kraft, enchanted evening (blue), and pure poppy (red.)  I computer-printed my patterns using blue, kraft, and red ink on rustic cream and kraft card stock.  
  • The dies are Papertrey Ink seeing stars (smallest of the three dies) and limitless layers 2-1/4" ovals.  I used a square punch to notch the end of my kraft banner.  
  • The red dot in the center of the star is a 1/4" circle punch (the red dot is inlaid into a hole punched in the star).  
  • My sentiment "Hello" is computer-printed in blue ink with Stencil font, expanded spacing.  
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (155)

No comments: