Saturday, August 11, 2012

Cloudy Blue Sky with Red Bird and Banner


A cloudy blue sky, a red bird, and a banner.  I started with inspiration from this post on Cristina's My Paper Secret blog.  Though my card went off in a different direction, I would not have tried it without seeing her card.  So, thank you, Cristina!  

Card details:
  • Card stock is Neenah solar white and Papertrey Ink spring rain (light blue), blueberry sky (medium blue), enchanted evening (dark blue), pure poppy (red), and polka dots from enchanted evening pattern pack.
  • Dies are Poppystamps simple banner, small bird from Wplus9 folk art florals, large and small clouds from Papertrey Ink heart-2-heart #6, and the curvy label (B) from Papertrey Ink fabulous frames.
  • I added a dot of Copic cobalt multiliner. to the bird's eye.
  • I colored the banner line between the flags with a Sanford Uni-ball white gel impact pen.  In real life, it picks up the white of the clouds and adds a nice contrast.
  • The sentiment "I miss you ..." is computer-printed in red ink with American Typewriter font (expanded spacing). 
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (190)

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Cindy! I love your card! Those staggered dies look awesome. I scrolled down through the rest of your blog, too, and you have so many cute cards!

Cindy O said...

Thank you, Cristina - I'm happy to hear you enjoyed my cards!