Sunday, April 7, 2013

Bright Banners with Dots

Nothing subtle about this card!  Bright banners and lettering, plenty of color with bright white.  The punched 3/16" dots tie the colors together and accent the banner shapes.  It was fun working with the banner shapes and multicolor sentiment. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Ellen Hutson white linen, Hero Arts azure (blue),  Papertrey Ink (PTI) pure poppy (red) and new leaf (green), and the polka dot print from PTI summer sunrise (yellow-orange) pattern pack.
  • Die is My Favorite Things party banner.  
  • Circle punch is 3/16" EK Success.  
  • Sentiment "thinking of you" is computer-printed in red, blue, and green ink with American Typewriter font, bold.
  • Technique:  To curve my PowerPoint sentiment along the banner shape, I placed each letter in its own separate text box.  I used the "format shape" menu to rotate each text box a few degrees (Z axis), ranging from 350 degrees and 11 degrees on the ends, to only 358 degrees and 2 degrees on the middle two.  I overlaid a picture of the die to position the letters.  Then I added arcs above and below the die to show me where to place it after printing the card stock.  It took some patience - not a "beginner" technique!  But now that it's set up, it will be easy to use, and I can print my banners with any sentiment and color. 
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (275)

No comments: