Sunday, June 15, 2014

Multi Colored Chevron Thanks

A simple design that I struggled with.  On my first try, I used a larger label shape and a larger sentiment, and it was ... OK. 

This one is much better, and sometime maybe I'll see what it needs to be fabulous. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) aqua mist, orange zest, simply chartreuse, enchanted evening (dark blue), and rustic white.   The multicolor chevron print is from Echo Park "all about a boy" 6x6" paper pad.
  • Embossing folder is Sizzix chevrons (retiring).
  • Dies are Elizabeth Craft thanks, PTI eyelet lace, and PTI photo finish strips (in addition to the oval-center die for the white strip, I used the wider straight die for the orange strip, which has a nice embossed border line that's hard to see in my image.)
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (383)

No comments: