Saturday, February 21, 2015

Birthday Fireworks

It looks like fireworks to me, with the patterned paper and the "rocket" arrows.   This card was for a recent family birthday. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) tropical teal, pure poppy (red), summer sunrise (yellow),  the bitty dot print from PTI summer sunrise pattern pack, and a multi-color zigzag print from Echo Park "all about a boy" 6 x 6" paper pad.
  • Dies are PTI get to the point and wonderful words: birthday.  I layered two colors of the birthday die cut, and I added a 1/8" strip of teal to the arrows. 
  • The sentiment "Happy" is from PTI communique sentiments, stamped with PTI pure poppy ink cube
  • The little yellow and teal stars are punched with Fiskars 1/4" hand punch.  Under the teal stars, there's a little flower from PTI framed out #10, stamped with pure poppy.  I thought it looked too floral for my overall design, so I added the stars, and now the flowers look like extra rays for the stars.
(417)

No comments: