Sunday, August 2, 2015

Bright Flowers - Two Cards


Two cards with one of my drawings, scanned and computer-printed in black and white, then colored with Copic markers.  I love the bright tropical look of the flowers and leaves.  I will probably add a stem for the top flower, which looks a bit disconnected now. 

Like many of my drawings for cards, this one started with "just a drawing" (posted here), which I then rearranged and redrew to work in a card setting.  Technique:  When coloring a complex image like this, I tend to lose track of leaf/petal/background, so I start with a very light green (G000) to outline all of my leaf shapes.  It's an easy way for me to avoid some coloring mistakes.


Card details:
  • Top card: Card stock is Neenah solar white, My Favorite Things red hot (red),  Papertrey Ink (PTI) smokey shadow (dark gray), and the bitty dots print from PTI smokey shadow pattern pack.
  • Bottom card: Card stock is Neenah solar white, Paper Source poppy (light orange), Papertrey Ink (PTI) new leaf (green), and the bitty dots print from PTI new leaf pattern pack.
  • Both cards: Embossing folder is The Paper Studio script (retired).
  • Top card: Copic colors are R02,35,39, Y08,21, YR04, YG05,61, G000,07, and E84.
  • Bottom card:  Copic colors are Y21, R02, YR04,09, E84, YG61, and G07 on Y21 (marker tip-to-tip blending).  Note, the flowers are lighter and more yellowish in real life.  
  • Bottom card: The white rectangle is edged with black Copic multiliner for more contrast with the green mat.  I used a Brush Small (BS) size multiliner.
(488)

No comments: