Friday, February 26, 2016

Floral on Gray with Gingham and Dot Prints

My second card with Papertrey Ink's new color pop florals kit, this time sponging the kit's preprinted light gray paper with the stencils and adding stamps for detail.  I really like the colorful floral print I made, though I could have lined up my stencils better to avoid the white showing.  But especially with a white banner, I like the white touches.

My floral design looks very nice with two pattern swatches on a medium gray background.  I tried some different ideas for texture on my card base, but simple looked best to me.  Next time I'll aim for a soft effect, with lighter sponging on plain white card stock. 

Card details:
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(546)

1 comment:

Kathy Mc said...

I love this card, Cindy, and the bits of white just look like shadows you intended so don't worry about your alignment. Hope to pop out my new Color Pops kit soon!