Monday, August 21, 2017

Red, White, and Blue with Yellow - Thanks

A few layers with straight lines and angled layers.  At first I was thinking of baker's twine for the top accent, but I liked it better with the narrow strip of red print instead.

Note: the gray is background, not part of the card.  And in real life, the dark blue is not as dark as my image.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) enchanted evening (dark blue), harvest gold (yellow), stamper's select white, and leaf and bitty dot prints from PTI pure poppy (red) pattern pack (retired).
  • Dies are from PTI double-ended banners and to the point edgers
  • Technique:  To line up the edger die, which has a narrow V-shape, I marked a pencil dot at the bottom center of my 5-1/2" wide card stock, then drew a short horizontal line at 1" up from the bottom on the left and right sides.  The marks made it easy to place the die evenly, and because all five dies have similar angles, the same measurement works for all.  And the marks fall on the scrap side of the die cut - no erasing needed.  I made multiples of this card, so to do all the marking quickly, I used a simple template: a 5-1/2 x 1" piece of card stock with a small notch in the bottom center.  I'll save the template with the dies for future use.  While I was at it, I also made a 4-1/4 x 3/4+" template for cutting across the short side of an A2.
  • The sentiment "thanks" is from PTI polka dot parade #6, stamped with PTI pure poppy ink cube.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(777)

No comments: