Monday, November 6, 2017

Notched Circles with Stars and Hearts - Blog Hop for Dawn!

Here's my second card for the We Love You Dawn! blog hop, posted on Nichole Heady's Capture the Moment blog.  It's a happy, bright, and festive card to celebrate Dawn's progress as she continues to recover from her recent transplant surgery.  I'm cheering her on, along with many more of her fans.  In the blog hop, which will continue all week, we are posting cards made with her stamp and die designs created for Papertrey Ink (PTI). 

Today's card is focused on Dawn's standalone die designs.  Many of her dies coordinate with her beautiful stamp sets, but she also designed some of the classic everyday border dies that I've used so many times - rickrack, stars, and hearts - as well as the very fun notched flowers, which I also love as interesting circle shapes.  (Here's a bit of PTI trivia: the December 2012 funky florals limited edition stamp set was designed to coordinate with Dawn's notched flower dies from the April 2012 release.  So in this case, the dies came first before the stamps.)  Though I tried a few different sentiments on my card front, I liked it better with no sentiment, and I'll write an encouraging note inside to mail to her soon.
 
Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) harvest gold (yellow), summer sunrise (yellow-orange), lovely lady (medium pink), raspberry fizz (deep pink), Hawaiian shores (turquoise), blueberry sky (medium blue), tropical teal (less green in real life), and stamper's select white. 
  • Patterned paper is the bitty dot print from PTI spring rain (light blue) bitty big pattern pack.
  • Dies are PTI notched flowers (small and medium sizes), heart border, XL rickrack border, and super star borders, including the individual stars which are trimmed from the border.
(808)

6 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

Don't you just love the Bitty Big in Spring Rain. Since I am such a pink girl, it surprised me somewhat to see how much I love it. The cardstock is nice but it's the color paired with white that I love - it feels fresh, clean and calm to me.

This is a fun card and I know Dawn will enjoy a personal note inside. Once in a while I have a card that I like better with no sentiment on the outside so I know where that is coming from.

Diana K said...

Happy cards are my very favourite kind! This is a fabulous one, Cindy, and I know that Dawn will love it! I love your use of patterned paper - I really wish that I was at ease with using it. Maybe I’ll try for one of my cards this week. 😊

Kim Heggins said...

This is so much fun...love all your incredible colors and designs!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun and cheerful card! Love all the pretty flowers! Dawn is going to love it!

Vikki H said...

Thanks for the interesting post and your fun, funky card! I love the cheerful vibes it produces.

Nancy said...

Love your FUN card design!