Friday, March 22, 2019

Butterfly with Orange and Yellow Stenciled Background

My card today was created for the Papertrey Ink (PTI) "win it Wednesday" challenge to use a favorite color combination with two or more colors of PTI ink.  I chose PTI orange zest and harvest gold (yellow) inks for my stenciled background.  

I'm very happy with the stenciled background.  I offset it on the orange panel and placed the butterfly off-center to add some energy and movement toward the orange sentiment.  Thanks, PTI, for this week's challenge to inspire me! 

Card details:
  • Card stock is PTI harvest gold, orange zest, and stamper's select white.
  • Patterned paper is the bitty dot print from PTI orange zest pattern pack (tone-on-tone prints - retired).  In real life, its orange color matches the ink and card stock.
  • Stencil is from PTI stencil basics: diamonds, sponged with PTI orange zest ink, using the round Ranger ink blending tool to apply the ink. I also sponged PTI harvest gold ink through the Dreamweaver faux cross-stitch stencil screen (retired) to add an uneven yellow dot pattern.
  • Die is from PTI life is beautiful (small butterfly - retired).
  • The sentiment "sending sunshine" is from PTI keep it simple: encouragement (retired), stamped with PTI orange zest ink.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(1008)

1 comment:

Kathy Mc said...

Love the simplicity of this card, Cindy, and yet very encouraging! Have to remember to offset one layer sometimes because I love the look. Cute idea to use Bitty Dots paper for your butterfly!