Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Green Vines with Green Stripes

When I saw Jennifer McGuire's recent blog post on "reusable" stamping with craft foam ("DIY Stamps from Dies"), I knew I should try the technique.  This delicate vine die is one of my favorites, and it looked like it would work beautifully for a stamp.  To make it reusable, in line with Jennifer's ideas, I cut it from self-adhesive foam, which I then adhered to a piece of clear card stock.  I used removable Scotch tape to tape that to my MISTI lid, shimmed a scrap of white card stock to lift it closer to the very thin stamp, and started stamping a test piece. 

Since it was just meant for a test, I wasn't concerned about my stray ink.  But looking at it later on, I saw what a lovely watercolor-ish effect it made, stray ink marks and all.  So I added a small sentiment and layered it onto a card.  I'm very happy with the result, and I'll enjoy using my new reusable foam stamp!  Thank you, Jennifer, for all your great technique instructions and your inspiration!

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) ripe avocado (dark green) and stamper's select white.
  • Patterned paper is PTI spring moss (light green) pattern pack (tone-on-tone prints - retired).
  • The sentiment "hello" is from PTI tag-its #12 (retired), stamped with PTI ripe avocado ink
  • The vines are stamped with craft foam, cut with Memory Box floral vine die, using PTI simply chartreuse (medium green - for two vines) and ripe avocado (for one vine) inks.
(1049)

No comments: