Monday, November 9, 2020

Embossed Stars - Blue and Tan with Red

For the blue embossed stars, I tried a technique from Jennifer McGuire's blog, brayering a dark blue ink onto my embossing folder.  It worked fine, and I'm glad I tried it, but like most inky techniques for me, it was probably a one-time experiment.  Thank you, Jennifer, for all your information and inspiration!

I like the tan background with the same embossed stars, this time uninked.  A red border and crisp red sentiment add some energy. 

Card details:

  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) blueberry sky (medium blue), pure poppy (red), and fine linen (tan).
  • Embossing folder is Darice stars asst (assorted). 
  • I used PTI enchanted evening (dark blue) ink on the embossing folder. 
  • The word "thanks" is cut with Silhouette Cameo, using Hobo Std font, same as this card.   
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(1209)

No comments: