I started with a new stencil, just playing with some colors. I pulled out a scalloped edger die to remove some of the pink card stock. Then I decided to add a bright card base. Even my tone-on-tone patterned paper looked too busy, but the plain looked too plain, so I went with some texture from an embossing folder. I tried a pink hello, then a red hello, and it worked best with both colors layered. It all took awhile, but I like the finished card.
Card details:
- Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) hibiscus burst (pink), summer sunrise (yellow-orange), and pure poppy (red).
- Embossing folder is Cuttlebug Swiss dots (retired). I used the debossed side.
- The pink card stock is embossed with the mandala burst stencil by Gina K. Designs. See this post for the technique and warnings.
- After embossing, I stenciled the design with PTI bright buttercup (bright yellow), orange zest, and pure poppy inks, using the round Ranger ink blending tool to apply the ink.
- Dies are Memory Box rush script hello (retired) and PTI edger #3 (retired).
(1431)


No comments:
Post a Comment