Saturday, October 2, 2010

Three Dot Card - Chartreuse with Dark Blue

Striking colors, simple lines, and a bit of doodling. For two other cards that I made with a similar layout, click here.

The large dark blue dots are 1-3/4" circle punches. For the decorated dot, I used my cobalt Copic multiliner to doodle a scalloped line near the edge of a chartreuse 1-1/4" scalloped circle. I colored inside my scalloped line with YG05 Copic marker, and attached a dark blue 1/2" dot for the center. The off-center placement is intentional!

The card stock is Papertrey Ink Enchanted Evening (dark blue) and Simply Chartreuse (yellow-green). The 5/8" ribbon is white, colored with B45 Copic marker. The sentiment, "Thinking of you," is computer-printed with "Lucida Handwriting" font in cobalt ink. I underlined it with cobalt multiliner and YG05 marker.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (026c)

No comments: