Saturday, May 7, 2011

Swimming Fish Card

I borrowed a friend's balloon punch, and the shapes made me think of fishes. So I made this card.

The fish are 1-1/8" balloons, turned on their sides. Their eyes are punched with a 1/8" hole punch, and their mouths are a small V cut with scissors.

The cloud is a 2" scalloped circle punch. To make it into an oval shape, I repunched the scalloped circle part way up with the same punch.

The water is a strip of card stock, edged with a Fiskars clouds (~ 1/2" scallop) scissors. When I edged it, I placed the scrap edge of my card stock to the left of the scissors, so the scallop shape was my scrap, leaving the (normally scrap) wave shapes on the non-scrap side. It's adhered with foam tape to add some dimension to the card.

More details:
  • Card stock - Papertrey Ink spring rain (light blue card base), enchanted evening (dark blue water), and hibiscus burst (pink fish); Neenah Solar white (cloud); Paper Source poppy (orange), sunshine (yellow), and jadeite (green)
  • Sentiment - "Just swimming by... to say hi..." computer-printed in dark blue ink with "Handwriting Dakota" font
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (071)

No comments: