Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Three Flower Card - Coral and Yellow

A new line drawing, colored with Copic markers. Matted with black on a coral card base, and a yellow sentiment strip. Ahhh. I like it a lot.

I'll enjoy coloring this image in different ways, to use like my daisy drawing on future cards. It's a simplified version of my weekend's flower drawing, posted on my other blog (Mostly Markers). Click here to see it.

I scanned my original line drawing and printed it on Neenah card stock before coloring with Copic markers R00, R02, R32, R35, RV10, RV 32, and YR21 (flower) and custom color YYR2000 (yellow background). The line drawing was done with Copic 0.3 black multiliner. The colored card stock is Papertrey Ink lemon tart (yellow sentiment strip), berry sorbet (coral card base), and true black (mats for drawing and sentiment).

The sentiment "Hello" is computer-printed in "Lucida Handwriting" font, using a black outline with coral fill. (In real life, it matches the berry sorbet card base.)

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (069)

No comments: