Saturday, August 27, 2011

Kraft Card with Browns - Miss You

One of my favorite cards, another medallion band layout. I love the many stripes, the different browns, the twill ribbon texture, the dark pinked square placed diagonally, the impression of extra layers from the frame and lines drawn directly on the kraft. It reminds me of a postage stamp with cancellation lines. And the stencil font seems just right for the "miss you" sentiment.

It's a year-old design, but I didn't post it then, because my scans and photos made the colors look so very wrong. The sentiment circle looked like a garishly bright pink, instead of the real-life lovely soft orange.

Yesterday I made a few more cards with this design. I decided to try again with posting it, and I managed to adjust my scanned colors fairly well. Not perfect - in real life, the circle's color is more like the twill ribbon - but the overall effect is close enough.

The solid color card stock is PaperTrey Ink kraft (card base), dark chocolate (dark pinked square under sentiment), and melon berry (pale orange). My homemade striped paper is Neenah classic cream with lines of black 0.5 Copic multiliner and Copic markers E09, E11, E15, and E25.

I computer-printed the sentiment "miss you" with dark brown ink in Stencil font (outline), and then I colored in the letters with E25. The 3/8" twill ribbon is colored with E11 and thin stripes of E15. The coloring on the kraft base (frame and outer lines) is E29 and E15. Circle punch is EK Success 1-3/4".

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (029)

No comments: