Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pink Card with Gray and Coral

This card's layout is the weekly Sketch Challenge #80, from Operation Write Home's Stars and Stamps blog. Simple and sweet. The colors reminded me of the pink-and-gray plaid blankets from my 1950's childhood.

The card stock is PaperTrey Ink sweet blush (light pink), berry sorbet (coral), and smokey shadow (dark gray). The flower is from Hero Arts (Hero Hues Art Flowers - white and cream assortment), colored with Copic markers R00, R32, and RV10.

Technique: My flower center is tiny dots of smokey shadow, punched out with a 1/16" hole punch, adhered and covered with a puddle of Ranger Glossy Accents, which I also pulled out partway into the petals. To place the dots on the Glossy Accents, I gently poked each dot with a needle.

The sentiment "Miss you" is computer-printed on sweet blush card stock, in American Typewriter font (expanded), with a dark gray outline and coral fill. After printing, I colored over it with R32 to deepen the color. In real life, the sentiment matches the berry sorbet card stock nicely. I added a smokey shadow layer under the small sweet blush sentiment piece, to set it off from the (also sweet blush) card base.

I cut the scallops with Fiskars "cloud" edger scissors. And I finally gave in and bought a Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers) to round my corners. It worked a lot better than my little green corner rounder punch, which was struggling on the heavier card stock weights.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (088)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Great card, Cindy! I love the pink and grey together. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!