Sunday, August 14, 2011

Yellow Card with Turquoise Vine and Polka Dots

A bright, happy card with turquoise polka dot flowers and flower buds on a leafy vine.

I used two new items (new to me, anyway) to make this card. I really like both of them.
  • For my clear rounded dots, Viva Decor gloss gen pen (transparent). At first it looks rather milky, then dries very clear. Takes several hours to dry (overnight to harden completely), but for me, still easier than fiddling with the self-adhesive round stones. My local scrapbooking store carries the Viva Decor pens, but didn't have this one.
  • For my blue wavy line, the stitch-doodle-dot mini (6x6") plastic template TCW131s The Crafter's Workshop. (Scroll about 2/3 of the way down the TCW page to see it.) The template (stencil) is thin and very flexible, and I found I needed to hold it down firmly for best results. Craft Critique (one of my favorite websites) has two helpful reviews here. I bought my template at a local craft store. It's also available on line from Ellen Hutson.
Other materials: The card stock is PaperTrey Ink harvest gold (yellow), Paper Source pool (aqua), and my own polka dot PowerPoint file, printed on Neenah solar white. The vine, leaves, and lines are drawn with B14 Copic marker. The punches are 1/4" circle punch and 1/2" EK Success flower punch.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (091)

No comments: