Friday, May 27, 2016

Beach Waves - Before and After

My card, above, is the "after" version of an earlier scene, shown below.  Originally, my scene with beach, waves, and sun seemed to call for a landscape (horizontal) orientation.  But I wanted a bigger sun, and so I tried today's portrait (vertical) idea. 

It works so much better!  Less crowded, more expansive looking.  I like the layered sun and the white birds.  I'm very glad I tried something different with my design.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Paper Source pool (bottom wave), Papertrey Ink (PTI) aqua mist (sky), fine linen (beach), Hawaiian shores (middle wave), ocean tides (top wave), harvest gold (inner sun), summer sunrise (outer sun), and stamper's select white (birds).
  • Dies are Memory Box flying birds (on left), Impression Obsession sm. bird set (on right), and PTI XL rickrack border, heart-2-heart #6, and snowflake flurries.
  • The sentiment " *** thinking of you *** " is computer-printed in dark tan ink using Chalkduster font, bold. 
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.

Below is my "before" version, posted here.  (It was created for Operation Write Home.)  Both cards have the same colors, except for the sun, which is PTI lemon tart in the "before" card.

(205)

2 comments:

Sandie C said...

Both great cards but the second is my favourite. TFS

Kim Heggins said...

Love both of your cards...not sure I could choose one over the other. Love your love of waves and that beach...just as sweet as can be.