Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Yellow Flowers with Gingham, Ribbon, and Doily

For a friend's birthday, I made a card with her favorite color.  Yellow flowers, ribbon, gingham, and dots, with a dotted vellum doily and a dainty bow.  She enjoys my drawings, so I colored one for the center. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Neenah solar white for the flowers, Papertrey Ink (PTI) bright buttercup (deep yellow), gingham print from PTI lemon tart (light yellow) pattern pack (retired), bitty dot print from PTI sheer basics vellum, and bitty dot print from PTI bright buttercup "+ white basics" patterned paper (retired). 
  • The flower drawing is the same as this card, which has links to other cards using this drawing.  It's computer printed, then colored with Copic markers Y11,15,19,38, YR09,24,27, YG05, G14, E11,44, B21,24, V04, and W5.
  • Dies are WeRMemoryKeepers nesting circles (1-3/4" and 2") and PTI Parisian lace doily.
  • Ribbon is 3/8" satin.  
  • Technique: Over the years, I've tried a few different ways to seal my ribbon ends, and none have worked very well for me.  This time, I tried a small amount of Ranger multi medium matte, which I thin a bit with water and use with a Quilled Creations precision tip bottle top as my favorite liquid glue.  I squeezed out a thin line of it onto my nonstick craft mat, then lightly dipped/dabbed the ends of my ribbon.  It dried clear, clean, and almost invisible.  Very quick and easy.  This will be my ribbon sealing technique from now on. 
(743)

No comments: