Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Jar of Flowers - Purple and Green

Today's card is a mix of drawing, stamping, and Copic coloring.  Over the years, I've made quite a few cards with my flower drawings, but this is my first experiment of adding stamps to the mix.

I drew the stems, the flower and leaf outlines, and the dotted line for the table top.  I stamped the mason jar and sentiment in black, the solid flower shapes in purple, and the leaf cluster in a soft green. Then I used my Copic markers to color the stems, the yellow-green leaf details, the table, the jar, and the yellow and dark purple flower centers.  

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) amethyst allure (purple), green parakeet (bright yellow-green), and stamper's select white.
  • The sentiment "for you" is from PTI friendship jar flowers, and the jar is PTI just the jar: pint, stamped with PTI true black ink cube.  
  • The solid flower and leaf stamps are from PTI gathered garden, stamped with PTI amethyst allure and vintage jadeite (soft green) ink cubes.  
  • I used a black 0.2 Copic multiliner for my drawing.  I scanned my line drawing only (without any stamping or coloring) for computer printing. 
  • Copic markers are custom color B2000, E33, YG23, YG05, Y15, and V17.
  • As a last step before assembling the card, I embossed the white card stock from the back with a Dreamweaver faux cross-stitch stencil screen, as explained in this post.  By embossing on the back, it leaves a nice texture on the front, instead of a sharp criss-cross pattern.  In my image, the texture is mostly seen in the colored areas, but in real life, it shows up well on the white areas, too. 
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(762)

No comments: