Sunday, February 14, 2016

Yellow with Blue, Pink, and Leaves

For today's Papertrey Ink 9th Anniversary paper crafting alphabet challenge.  Using my first name and the alphabet list, my challenge was to make a card with at least five colors, dry embossing of some kind, and a new product that I had purchased but not yet used.  It didn't work as I planned, but I'm happy with the end result.

My five colors are yellow, two shades of green, blue, and pink.  After I tried in vain to stencil with my new product (a Dreamweaver stencil screen), I thought of dry embossing my yellow card base with it.  I love the crisp, fine woven texture it gave me!

And later, after I finished my card, I found the problem with my stenciling efforts ...  But I'm glad it didn't work for me at first, because then I tried an "off label" technique with the screen, and now I have a new embossing look that I'll enjoy using.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) lemon tart (yellow), berry sorbet (pink), limeade ice (light green), simply chartreuse (medium green), and stripes print from PTI spring rain (light blue) pattern pack.
  • Dies are PTI branching out (I used partial cuts) and Elizabeth Craft hello
  • Technique: To emboss my card stock with the Dreamweaver faux cross-stitch stencil screen, I used this sandwich on my Big Shot (starting from the bottom): Multipurpose platform (all tabs), cutting plate, PTI card stock, screen, thin PTI embossing pad, cutting plate.  It felt tight going through my machine, but not overly so.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(539)

No comments: