Saturday, February 17, 2018

Green Leafy Cluster on Kraft

A leafy cluster with a roughly striped texture.  I love the shapes and sizes of the floral and foliage images in this new stamp set, Altenew wings of hope, and for today's card, I used the abstract flower shapes as my two large leaves.

A friend designed this set in collaboration with Altenew (congratulations on your first release, Vicki!) and you can see more about it on her blog here.  Along with the images, the stamps feature a beautiful collection of Vicki's inspirational and encouraging sentiments, perfect for her "wings of hope" theme. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Neenah desert storm (light kraft color) and Papertrey Ink (PTI) cocoa bean (brown).
  • Embossing folder is Sizzix Tim Holtz stripes.
  • The images are from Altenew wings of hope, stamped with PTI new leaf (green), green parakeet (bright yellowish green), and Americana (rustic red) ink cubes.  
  • After stamping the berries with Americana ink, I used the same ink and a small brush to add some watercolored leaf details. 
  • The sentiment "thinking of you" is from PTI stuck on you, stamped with PTI new leaf ink cube.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(843)

1 comment:

Vicki Finger said...

I guess you know how much I love this -- those greens. And seeing a dear friend make something with a stamp set that I helped to design is so wonderful and an unexpected little bonus to my day! Thank you for sharing!! Hugs!