Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Turquoise and Aqua with Gold and Orange Sun

My sunshine card is for this week's challenge (fall to layout #64) on the Clean & Simple Stamping blog.  I started with the sketch but omitted the mats and adjusted some dimensions. 

It's been awhile since I used a two-toned card base, and I like it here with the patterned paper "ribbon."  Then I was definitely challenged to put my sentiment up in the sky this way, but I like it, too!  Thanks, Natasha, for inspiring and challenging my card design!

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) gold shimmer, Hawaiian shores (medium turquoise), aqua mist (light aqua), and orange zest.
  • Patterned paper is the leaf print from PTI tropical teal pattern pack (tone-on-tone prints - retired).
  • Embossing folder is Lifestyle Crafts stripe.
  • Dies are PTI what the doodle: sun and 1-1/4" circle from hello sunshine
  • Center star is Fiskars 1/4" star punch.
  • The sentiment "sending you a little bit of sunshine" is from PTI hello sunshine, stamped with PTI tropical teal ink cube.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(870)

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Love this! That's one of my favorite sentiment stamps! Looks just lovely with the die cut sun!