Sunday, July 14, 2019

Red, White, and Blue - Diagonal Star Print with Tan and Brown

A                                                      B
Two cards from one sheet of printed paper.  If you imagine card B turned 90 degrees counter-clockwise, you can picture the original 6 x 6" design.  I cut the sheet in half, top to bottom, then trimmed off 1/2" from the red end of card A and from the blue end of card B.  To fill some of the large blank area of the biggest star, which looked too empty on card A, I added a blue star, punched from card B (the punched-out hole is covered by the sentiment label.)  I like the tan and brown elements that I added to soften the very dramatic colors and lines of the print. 

I'm happy with my finished cards, especially when I almost discarded the print as "too large scale" for card making!  

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) fine linen (tan) and cocoa bean (brown).
  • Patterned paper is the stripe print from PTI fine linen pattern pack (tone-on-tone prints - retired) and the diagonal star print from Bo Bunny firecracker 6 x 6" pad (retired).
  • Die is from My Favorite Things vertical stitched strips (retired).
  • Star is punched with EK Tools mini star.
  • The sentiment "thank you" is from Sunny Studio everyday greetings, stamped with PTI cocoa bean ink.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(1029)

No comments: