Sunday, April 26, 2020

Red, White, and Blue Rays with Star

Today's card started with a 6 x 6" print of red, white, and blue stripes radiating from the center of the page.  I cut it into four squares and began to play with my layout.  I like the diagonal placement of the square, with its top and right sides edged with the rusty red of the stripes. 

A multi-line sentiment filled the space to the lower right, and a diecut star anchored the rays.  At first, my star looked too blank; it needed "something" and I tried a few ideas ... blue center dot or star, texture, and so on.  The small rusty red dot looked just right.  I like my finished card, and I enjoyed creating it.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Stampin' Up soft sky (aqua) and Papertrey Ink (PTI) summer sunrise (yellow-orange) and terra cotta tile (rusty red).
  • Patterned paper is from Bo Bunny firecracker 6 x 6" pad (retired).
  • I edged two sides of the patterned paper with Copic marker R08.
  • Dies are from PTI stars and stripes (the 3rd largest star) and noted: simply stitched A2 vertical.
  • The star's center dot is punched with EK Success 3/16" circle punch.
  • The sentiment "thanks for all you've done" is from PTI gathered garden, stamped with PTI terra cotta tile ink.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(1131)

No comments: