Thursday, May 14, 2020

Crimped Stripes - Kraft and Rustic Red

I enjoyed trying a layered stripe effect, swapping my kraft and rustic red colors between wide and narrow stripes for two different results.  Crimping adds some nice texture in real life, though it's hard to see in my images.  I like both of the cards, but I chose the version at left to make a few extras.  

Note: the gray border is background, not part of the card.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Neenah desert storm (light kraft) and Papertrey Ink (PTI) cocoa bean (brown) and rustic white.
  • The stripes are from PTI background basics: random stripe (retired).  I layered the narrow stripes onto the wide stripes, using PTI Americana (rustic red) and classic kraft inks.
  • After stamping my stripes onto the rustic white card stock, I used a Fiskars paper crimper to add texture.
  • The sentiment "thank you" is from PTI splits: thank you, stamped with PTI cocoa bean ink.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(1138)

No comments: