Saturday, April 9, 2011

Brown and Aqua - Medallion and Band Design

I've done quite a few cards with this basic layout. A band of patterned paper, layered or ribboned, and a layered medallion for the sentiment. It makes me happy for simple note cards.

In this variation, I placed my medallion off the edge of the band, instead of centering it on the band. For more variations, click on "medallion band" at the end of this post, or in my label list to the right.

Today's card began with the patterned paper - aqua with cream and brown. Then a lighter brown for the card base, a darker turquoise for the mats, and a matching cream for the sentiment. I love the way the colors work together.

My solid color card stock is Hero Arts mocha (brown), Paper Source peacock (dark turquoise), and Neenah classic cream. I don't know the name or maker of the patterned paper - I'm still working my way through that little stack of patterned papers from Operation Write Home, as explained in an earlier post.

The sentiment "Thinking of you" and the dotted circle are computer-printed with turquoise ink. The font is Papyrus. The circle punches are 1-1/2" and 1-3/4".

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (054c)

No comments: