Saturday, December 8, 2012

Blue and Cream Tag with Bird


Today I have a tag to share, made for Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist challenge.

Inspired by Jennifer McGuire's Day 4 tag, my plan was to create a tag with a bird, a branch, blue and cream colors with touches of brown and green, and shiny materials colored with Copic.  I've never done an "artistic" tag before, and I was trying to achieve some of Jennifer's effects without her supplies.  So, it was an adventure!

And the finished tag is ....
    .... ummm .....
         .... not quite what I intended ...
              .... but nicer than I predicted as I struggled to make it.
Thanks, Jennifer and Ellen, for inspiring me to try something new and different!

Tag details:
  • The tag size is 3-1/4 x 1-3/4". 
  • The patterned paper background is Ranger glossy white cardstock colored with Copic ink refills B21, B41, and B45, using the Ranger felt ink applicator tool.
  • The lace is cut from Hero Arts eggshell card stock using the Memory Box Charlotte border die.  It is colored around the holes with Copic B41 and edged at the bottom with B45.
  • The bird and leafy branch are die cut from clear shiny packaging material, and colored on the back with Copic markers B39, B45, E09, E49, and G29.  The dies are WPlus9 folk art florals.  I was unable to die cut the packaging material all the way through, even with a metal shim, so I finished cutting it with scissors. 
  • "Peace" and the dark blue outlines are drawn with Copic cobalt multiliner
  • The tag base is Essentials by Ellen craft-a-board, edged with Copic B45. 
  • The hole at the top is punched with a 1/4" hand punch.  The ring is punched with a 3/8" punch.  
  • The ribbon is 1/4" silk, colored with Copic B41 and B45 markers.
(224)

No comments: