Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Card 2012

Our Christmas card this year, like the past two years, is made with one of my Advent calendar drawings.  It's a Nativity scene, decorated with rays of light, angels, and gold bands.

The words of the angels, "Behold a great joy," are adapted from Luke 2:10,  "Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy."

The card has a white border and is computer-printed on Neenah card stock. (222)  Click here for my 2011 card and here for 2010

I'm beginning to create my 5th year's Advent calendar, with a small drawing and a few Advent-related words each day.  It will be posted at least weekly (or even daily) on my other (drawing) blog "Mostly Markers."  For now, I've just posted my blank 2012 template, which you're welcome to use.  It also includes links to my 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 calendars, if you'd like to see what they look like.  I've truly enjoyed this annual activity, which slows me down for a little time each day to reflect on the meaning of the season.  Edited December 26, 2012 to add: Click here for my completed 2012 Advent calendar drawing.

No comments: