Sunday, March 10, 2013

Gray with Bright Yellows - Sunshine

I don't use a lot of gray or black in my cards, but today's sunny colors and "sunshine" sentiment go well with the gray background.   Over the last two weeks, this is my third card using black or gray with bright yellows, reds, or both.  Making up for all those pastels on my other cards, maybe. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Paper Source gravel (medium gray) and Papertrey Ink (PTI) summer sunrise (yellow), vintage cream, and prints from In Bloom and Pretty Pastels 8x8 pattern collections.  
  • I outlined three side of the rectangle layer with Y19 Copic marker.
  • Dies are the two labels from "my mother, my friend" by PTI. 
  • The two banners are notched with a square punch.  The narrow banner is scored down the center - nice in real life, but almost invisible in my picture. 
  • Sentiment "You are my sunshine..." is computer-printed with two different fonts:  
    • "You" is in Brush Script Std font, bold, yellow ink with gray outline.  After printing, I went over the yellow with Y19 Copic marker to brighten it and to match the rectangle outline.  
    • "are my sunshine..." is in Copperplate font, gray ink.  "sunshine..." is a larger font size
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (266)

No comments: