Saturday, March 16, 2013

Orange Flower with Aqua Chevrons

Happy and fresh with chevron texture and bright colors.  A simple but elegant design.   Before I added the textures, it was "too simple."  A bit of embossing adds a lot of interest here. 

My layout is CASEd from this card by Lizzie Jones.  Her blog Don't Forget to Write is one of my favorites!  Thanks, Lizzie, for your inspiring example.   And I was inspired by the Operation Write Home mid-week challenge to use a color scheme of blue (aqua and turquoise) and green, with orange and a neutral (white).

Note: the gray is background, not part of the card.

Card details:
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (267)

4 comments:

Diane said...

I love the elegant simplicity of your card- and I really like that you have given such great specifics about the products you used to make it! TFS

Donna Hanley said...

I'm sure your card was lovely in it's plain state, but I think those chevrons really make everything pop. Nice choice.

JoAnn Ross said...

Oh, that's both pretty and cheery! I love all your attention to detail, while keeping it so simple. Now I need that Martha Stewart punch. :)

Sybrina K said...

What a pretty card -- CAS at its finest! Great embossing technique.