Sunday, September 18, 2011

Stars and Stripes Hearts - Red, White, and Blue with Gold

Hearts with stars and stripes. UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel) for dimension and shine. Layers and stripes of red, white, blue, gold and black. For two more cards with a simpler version of this layout, click here and here.

I used PowerPoint to add the stars and the diagonal lines to the hearts, which I punched out with my 1" EK Success heart punch. I colored the hearts with Copic markers B24, B26, custom color R290, and R59. After adhering the hearts to the 1" gold circles, I covered them with two coats of UTEE.

The card stock is Paper Source curry (gold), Papertrey Ink pure poppy (red) and true black, Hero Arts azure (blue), and Neenah solar white. Added September 24, 2011: I made a few more like this, but replaced some of my background layers with a single striped piece. It still looks the same, but not as thick and heavy.

The sentiment "Thinking of you" is computer-printed on a strip of Neenah solar white with Chalkduster font. I used B24 and R290 to color the red and blue stripes on the sentiment strip and at the top and bottom of the hearts strip. The red lines on the center gold layer are drawn with red gel pen.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (098)

No comments: