Monday, September 2, 2013

Wintry Quilt Squares - Hello

A quilt effect with 1" gingham squares in rich jewel tones of purple, blue, and scarlet.  I couldn't decide on a color for my die-cut sentiment, so I used all three. 

This card is for Nancy's winter-themed sketch challenge in Operation Write Home's Labor Day weekend virtual card making party.  Thank you, Nancy, for hosting a fun challenge and sharing your sketch!  It's a versatile sketch that I'll be sure to use again. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) enchanted evening (blue), scarlet jewel, royal velvet (purple), bitty dots print in soft stone (pale gray), and gingham prints in enchanted evening, scarlet jewel, and royal velvet, all from PTI pattern packs.
  • Die is PTI wonderful words: hello
  • I used my paper trimmer to cut the 1" squares. 
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (312)

No comments: