Sunday, September 22, 2013

Wreath of Autumn Leaves with Aqua

An autumn wreath with a turquoise bow.  The patterned paper gives a veined effect to the leaves.

For Operation Write Home, I'm working on cards for Valentine's Day!  But for this family celebration, I'm in the current season of the year.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) aqua mist (light aqua), Hawaiian shores (medium turquoise), dark chocolate (brown),  and the in bloom 8x8" paper pad in dark chocolate, scarlet jewel, pure poppy (red), summer sunrise (yellow), and orange zest.
  • Dies are Impression Obsession sm leaf set, My Favorite Things winter wreath (twigs and bow), Spellbinders big scalloped circles LG and standard circles SM for the wreath base and background circle, and PTI bountiful banners.  
  • I wanted a larger-diameter wreath than the winter wreath die, so I cut a plain open circle with two circle dies, then attached some pieces of winter wreath for twigs.  
  • The lighter aqua banner is the actual PTI die shape.  I cut a second banner in darker turquoise, cut it in half lengthwise, and spread it apart by about 1/8" to create the additional layer. 
  • Sentiment "Celebrate!" is computer-printed with brown ink in Copperplate font.  To curve the word, I used the "text transforms - follow path arch down" effect in PowerPoint. 
 (317)

No comments: