Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Dark Gray Damask Print with Turquoise

I don't use much gray or black on my cards.  Even for sentiments, I'll usually choose a color.  But my last four cards have gray backgrounds, and I've enjoyed making them. 

Today's card has an elegant mix of curves and lines with the damask print, layered frame, stitched panel, and dotted sentiment border.  Against the busy pattern, the bright turquoise elements make a strong focal point for my small "thank you" sentiment. 

 Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) smokey shadow (dark gray), Hawaiian shores (turquoise), and stamper's select white.
  • Patterned paper is from PTI smokey shadow pattern pack (tone-on-tone prints - retired).
  • Dies are from My Favorite Things vertical stitched strips (retired), PTI fabulous frames (retired), and PTI framed out #2.
  • The sentiment "thank you" with a dotted border is from Fiskars so much thanks (retired), stamped with PTI smokey shadow ink.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(1152)

No comments: